<VV> Need Help Understanding This

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 00:43:23 EST 2012

At 06:23 AM 1/13/2012, Lonzovair wrote:
>Tony,
>Yup, I'm sure... When I got 'em I took them down to the local
>technical college & asked if they could trim the center hole to fit
>the spare hub I'd brought.... They said "sure" & I came back the
>next day with 2 pizzas & a 12 pack of an adult beverage...I think
>they trimmed an eighth of an inch out of the hole.
>Later,
>Lonzo
>
>Tony Underwood <tony.underwood at cox.net> wrote:
>

> >Are you sure it's a Falcon wheel and not a Mustang wheel?   I had a
> >couple of 13" Falcon wheels (admittedly off a '62 Falcon) that
> >wouldn't fit an early 'Vair because the pilot hole in the wheel was
> >too small... the 'Vair hub hung in the hole.

...wish I had access to a place like that.

For that matter, I'm likely going to be on the lookout for some 4 lug
14s before it's all said and done because I'm not so sure I'm going
to be able to find any more 185R13s anymore, not for an affordable
price... at least not by the time I wear out the new(er) tires on the
'60.

Of course I'm not holding my breath in regards to finding ANYthing in
14" that has the right size hub center to mount a '60 dogdish.

tony..