<VV> Corvair Parts Auction Feb 25

Vairtec Corporation vairtec at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 20:59:12 EST 2012

The annual midwinter Parts Auction conducted by the NJ Association of
Corvair Enthusiasts is scheduled for Saturday, February 25, 2012,
indoors at Ashley's Auto Body in Flanders, NJ.  Free
pizza-and-soft-drinks lunch is included!

Here are the details:

The location is 274 Hillside Avenue, Flanders, NJ -- same location as in
prior years.  If you need directions, send an email to Vairtec (at)
comcast (dot) net.

Bidding begins at 11:00 AM.  But we open the doors at 9:30 AM, to allow
time for sellers to tag and display parts they are offering, and to
bidders to peruse the parts being offered.

If you're selling, you will need to fill out a Lot Card for each part or
group of parts being sold individually, so please allow sufficient time
to do this before the start of bidding.

If you are buying -- or even if you have no plans to buy -- you will be
issued a Bidder Number by which the auction desk will track all purchases.

We ask that items being offered be limited to Corvair parts or
Corvair-related items, only.  Typically we have upwards of 200 lots to
get through, so we are not able to deal with items outside of this
parameter.

Also, we ask that you not bring more than one of the same item to sell.
It is difficult to sell, in an auction setting, multiples of the same thing.

You can, however, sell multiple items in a  "lot." You could offer, say,
one lot of six oil filters, instead of six individual oil filters.
Sometimes sellers will group seemingly unrelated parts into a lot, as
well.  Often these "grab-bag" lots draw spirited bidding.

Remember that quality items sell easily, and that greasy, rusty junk
does not.  Our very picky auctioneers may not even try to sell something
they deem of little value.  Leave the bent and broken pieces at home.

The club will collect a 10% commission on all sales.  In other words,
sellers receive 90% of the sale price.  Sellers may also donate items
for the full benefit of the club.

Plan on making a day of it.  Due to the nature of how the auction
operates, it is not possible to process any buyers or sellers until the
auction is completed.  We begin the bidding at 11 AM, take a lunch break
at 12:30, resume the bidding at 1 PM, and finish up typically around
2:30 PM.  Only at that time can we tally the sales, collect from the
buyers, and pay the sellers.

Through the years this event has attracted persons from well outside of
the local club's membership area. Last year we had attendees from six
states!

Again, the doors open at 9:30 AM for setup (please, no earlier), and
bidding begins at 11:00 AM, on Saturday, February 25, rain, snow, or shine!