<VV> Bellhousing gasket trim for oil pan

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 19:34:21 EST 2012

Bryan,

One persistent oil drip was caused by a bell housing gasket that  was too
long on one side and kept the pan gasket from sealing correctly.   Once the
pan and pan gasket were removed the extra sliver of gasket was  trimmed with
a razor blade, the pan and gasket were reinstalled and the  leak went away.

I'd trim the piece of gasket that sticks out--or you could loosen the bell
housing and reposition the gasket so that it is even on both sides.

Bob

In a message dated 1/17/2012 7:01:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,