<VV> LM thermostat assy modification

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 23:43:42 EST 2012

Seems like a lot of trouble. I found a trick that makes it easy (to my mind at least) to connect the rod to the door after installation. I drilled a hole crossways through a 4" long dowel, looped a piece of string through the hole and knotted it to hold it on the rod. Then you can hook the loop of string on the swivel on the end of the rod (hook it over the end of the swivel that does not go into the door hole) and pull it with the dowel. The dowel just makes it comfortable to pull on the string hard enough to overcome the bellows. You can pull the rod out and maneuver it into the hole pretty easily this way. Just my solution for what its worth.