<VV> $24.5k for a 1966 Corsa convert

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jan 22 03:49:50 EST 2012

Seems like a steep price to me. Yes, it has a lot of
options. But there seems to be room for improvement from
the pictures supplied. For my $24,500 I would would like
to have a near perfect Corvair. Just because it is an A/C
Corsa convert with headrest seats and a tele wheel
shouldn't move the price point that far North with the
obvious flaws.

My lemonwood yellow 140 Corsa convert was painted this
weekend at my buddy's shop just outside of Pittsburgh. As
soon as the weather improves I will go retrieve it and
complete the restoration. I will have a new top installed
at a shop in Pontiac, Michigan. If it turns out like the
install on the Hemmings $24.5k Corsa I might ask for
either a refund or a deep discount!

I'm hoping to have my car done with the new paint, top and
interior and a set of Chevy rally wheels with new BF
Goodrich Radial T/A's for a total investment of less than
$7,500. It might not have A/C or the headrest seats but it
will be very close to the one advertised in Hemmings. I
might even install the 1966 tele column and wood steering
wheel if that would bring the value of the car up to
Hemmings prices.

To borrow a quote from my favorite movie, "I don't know.
$24 thousand 500 Old Man? I got your card!" -Caveman Pete