<VV> Jan. 2012 Classic Motorsports

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 18:16:09 EST 2012

It has been mentioned on here before that the January 2012 issue of Classic Motorsports contains a blurb about James J. Reeve, Jr. piloting Jeff Moore's Yenko Stinger at the most recent Mitty.  Even if racing doesn't loom large on your radar screen the short article on page 110 is worth the newsstand price for the favorable mention of Corvairs.  What I don't think was mentioned before, however, is the "Coming Soon" section on the last page of the same magazine.  Hinting of an article to come entitled "Air Superiority" the magazine asks "Does the Chevy Corvair make a worthy alternative to Porsche's iconic 356?"  Pictured next to a soft yellow Porsche convertible is a maroon '63 Spyder ragtop looking largely stock except for a single, offset white stripe down the trunk  and rear deck lid; a pair of large round fog lamps that look like they would belong on a vintage Paris-Dakkar rally car and, of course, the de rigueur over-size after market wheels.  I can't wait.  Would someone on here who subscribes to Classic Motorsports please give me a heads up when the issue bearing this article shows up in your mailbox so I can look for it at the newsstand?  Thanks, in advance!  As for the January 2012 issue, as of today, it could still be found at the East Brunswick, NJ Barnes & Noble so maybe you can still buy one, too.

~Bill Stanley