<VV> spark plug hole stripped

Josh Creel joshhcreel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 11:31:57 EST 2012

Been working on this engine,  one of the spark plug holes was stripped out, and someone had put an insert in it.  when I screwed the plug out the insert cam with it, looked like it had some lock tight on it..... (probably no good at the temps the head can reach) but there are hardly and threads left where the insert was.  wondering if there is a better method of repair?

Josh H. Creel
1962 Monza Convertible
www.overrust.biz

PS: I've pulled the fan shroud and crankcase cover off the engine to check everything out....