<VV> Idler Lube?

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 27 20:14:50 EST 2012

Your question has inspired me to relate a story of the time I drove my 65 Corvair all across the USA and back. I live in Southern Cal and was going to a national being held at Williamsburg VA. A great place for a vacation. Driving home the idler pulley started squealing, that was about Nashville. By Oklahoma City the pulley had siezed so I loosened the belt enough that it would travel over the pulley. So that everyone knows, if you have a siezed bearing, WD40 does not help. In Oklahoma City I found a wrecking yard that had a corvair and was able to purchase the pulley off of it. Lots of cool stuff in the yard, 56 Buick Century, 54 Packard Carabean and 57 Chev Bel Air HDTP.