<VV> Back to the engine shop

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 29 14:31:58 EST 2012

I agree with Mat in getting a second opinion as the first one makes no sense.  I am confused how a dropped seat would give the symtoms that are described.  If is a dropped seat, in my limited estimation, the rpm's would drop which would lead to the low pressure/temp light and the "strange" (a better description might help us) noise.  Since this happens in the (2000 - rpm) range, I don't see how a dropped seat would cause the light to come on unless there were problems with the oil pump.
Have you considered doing the work yourself? I have taken apart and put the engine together and I'm a school teacher.  With help from your club, the repair manual, and vv, most people can do this.

Stephen U
'65 Monza 100 PG AC hardtop  "the original 4 door sports car"

Message: 4