<VV> 1968 corvair powerglide trans.

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 29 21:37:09 EST 2012

Hi Steve and welcome to the fun (and madness). Indeed there is a fix for this. As Matt pointed out, the cables are known for leaking AFTER the car sits for a long while. Repair kits have come out so you don't have to replace the cable if this is the only problem. Now where are you (city and state)? Have you joined any of the Corvair clubs yet? You will meet plenty of like-minded folks (scary thought) in a local and especially the national/international club CORSA. The information you can get from some of these people is priceless.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301