<VV> Back to the engine shop

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:41:12 EST 2012

I agree with Matt, the engine is too new, the lower compression's might
just be because the rings have not fully seated yet. However, you could
squirt a bit of oil in the low cylinders to see if the compression does
come up, if the pbm is rings oil will help to seal them, they should
come up to the others, if not, still rings or maybe the valves were not
lapped in for a good seal on that head.
What about the knocking noises, do they happen when you crank the
engine with the plugs out? Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone