<VV> Sturbridge Convention Update

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Jul 1 14:46:45 EDT 2012

Friday was the deadline for early registration for the convention.  If
you have not yet registered, you still can!  All you missed was the
lower early registration prices.

There are some impressive numbers as of Friday.  Total number of
registered people is just over 500, and where we're seeing the strongest
registration numbers is for the social events.  Both the Saturday
evening banquet (where Hemmings' Richard Lentinello will be our guest
speaker) and the Friday evening Ice Cream Social (which includes a
performance by Cobblestone Crossing) have exceeded 260 registrants at
this point.

The Lakeside Picnic on Thursday evening is on the verge of being sold out!

Still, there are more than 135 different Corvairs signed up to
participate in the car-related events as of Friday, so we could see
upwards of 200 individual Corvairs in Sturbridge during convention week.

The convention also offers bus tours, tech sessions, parking lot games,
vendors, and more.  Haven't registered?  Don't wait! Registration
information is found on both the convention web site and the CORSA web site.

(Note, as of today, Sunday, July 1, both the convention web site and the
CORSA web site have spotty availability thanks to the storms that blew
through Virginia and knocked out power.  If you can't get the sites to
load, check back later, they'll be back up when power is restored.)

Today we updated the convention blog, which was not affected by the
power outages.  On the blog is a second "Memo From Iowa," about CORSA
President Jamie Reinhart's 1966 Monza convertible which he is driving to
Sturbridge, and the mystery found in the car's engine.  Check it out:

http://corsa2012.blogspot.com/