<VV> ENGINE SWAP

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 09:43:05 EDT 2012

A guy from the Cincinnati area swapped a Buick 215-ci (if that's the number) V-8, from an early '60s Skylark, into a Late Corvair coupe. It fit right in, and used the stock Corvair transaxle (I think). 'Course, a radiator had to be added, etc.

Out in San Diego some years ago I saw an Eldorado V-8 powertrain installed in a Late coupe. Like the above Buick, it was a beautiful installation, again with a radiator up front. The owner extended the lid to include the rear window, hatch-style. Really neat!

But maybe those are not what you're looking for. Hey -- how about a hopped-up air-cooled Volkswagen powertrain?

--Tom in Ohio (Utah at the moment)