<VV> Polarization of a regulator HUMOR

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Jul 11 13:52:49 EDT 2012

You haven't figured out the answers to those questions?
Running is best but is too much trouble and too messy.  Static works just fine if done correctly.
Stock Corvair pumps work great.  Other issues give them a bad reputation.
Electronic ignitions are the best thing since sliced bread.  Toss your old points & plate in the glove box if you are worried about reliability
Anyone that's had or has both knows that earlies are better than lates.  I just purchased a bunch of late parts from a guy that always had lates.  He recently got an early and sold all his late stuff.  I have both and love both but earlies are clearly superior quality.  Lates obviously have better rear suspension and turn signal switches.  I've thrashed my earlies hard and never broken anything but Powerglide case mounts.  I've never had a late stay together long enough to say I've thrashed it hard.  Rod bearings, broken spider gears and most recently a cam gear.  (not that cam gears are any different but I would assume that the load is higher on a 140 at least due to the valve weight and hotter cam)
You should have known...
Joel McGregor
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org [virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Bill Hubbell [whubbell at verizon.net]
Subject: Re: <VV> Polarization of a regulator HUMOR

Ask it any of the following questions:
- What is the best way to adjust valves - static or running?
- Which type of fuel pump is best for my Corvair - manual or electric?
- Should I use standard or electronic ignition on my Corvair?
 - Which are better - Early or Late Corvairs?

Bill Hubbell