<VV> lug nut torque

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 11:45:04 EDT 2012

Torque wrenches? We don't need no stinking torque wrenches!!!

Since I live in the rusty east, all my lugs get anti-sieze. Since that
reduces the required torque I use 60 foot pounds, and I can get the lug nuts
off with a stock jack handle too.

I now reply:

Bryan, I live in the rustier east, 200 mile north of you.  Here in my cave,
not only do I not use a torque wrench on lug nuts, I don't use anti-sieze on
them either.  I just tighten them, umph, good enough, and the wheels stay on
but come off when I want them to.

You engineers think too much. :-)