<VV> Brad Penn Oil

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 14 20:20:16 EDT 2012

Brad Penn also makes Base Stocks, Kendex 0847 happens to be one of them. My
company uses at least 6000 gallons a week of this in grease manufacture. Not
technically a lubricating oil, but a base stock is also used in the
manufacture of lube oils.

Gary Swiatowy

From: Tony Underwood <tony.underwood at cox.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Specs on Quaker State "Defy" Motor Oil

At 07:08 AM 7/12/2012, ricknorris at suddenlink.net wrote:
>I too use Brad Penn oil in my race car. One thing I really like is
>the fact all the oil Brad Penn uses is domestic. It comes from wells
>in Ohio, West Virginia and NY if I remember right. Also lube oils is
>all they make.

The crude from these regions has a high paraffin content (as did the
original PA oils, same region) which makes it nothing special for
motor fuels but very desirable for lubricants.  The best dino juice
lubes have generally always come from northeast crudes.

Again, I fondly recall how the original Kendall GT1 (green stuff)
race oil was the only oil specifically mentioned by name (by Isky
cams) as among the best oil to use when breaking in a new performance
camshaft.

tony..