<VV> [fastvair] ebay strange corvair powered

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at att.net
Mon Jul 16 22:34:50 EDT 2012

Hello all:  You won't see many because less than 150 bodies were produced.  I have one, rear engined and tube frame and all LM Corvair running gear.  I took it to the Kit Car Nationals in Columbus, Ohio in 1985 (won LD award for driving) and Houston Corvair national in  86 and a mini in Minne plus the national in KC in 1989 or so.  I was lucky to have it on the COMMUNIQUE cover in 1988 or thereabouts and I drove it yesterday to lunch too; that is correct yesterday July 15, 2012.

Also Bill Pritchard in NC owns one, his was on the COMMUNQUE cover in 2006 or so and a couple others were shown in part build inside.  He is planning on attending Sturbridge, I hope he is still on track with the car.

Most were VW pans and powered.  There were many ads at the time (1970-1971) showing the mid-mounted Corvair option but this is the only one ever finished to the best of my knowledge.

I won't go further but is someone is interested they can email me and I will try to help them with more information and history.  I can also find the back issue dates of both COMMUNQUEs mentioned above pretty easily.

Best wishes, Steve