<VV> Weird plugs fouling update

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:16:54 EDT 2012

After checking all around the right bank on my 67 cep. engine, i finally reassembled and reinstalled the power train without knowing certainly which was the real problemas most things looked good or not bad for causing the problem.Things I did while head, pistons and cylinders were out, were:1.- Repositioning rings as most were rotated. All gaps were right.2.- Cleaned combustion chambers and top of pistons (not much carbon).3.- Checked valves, stems, seals and springs. Lapped valves just to clean seating surfaces.4.- Installed new o-rings.5.- New W8AC spark plugs gaped to 0.030" and new coil (just for insurance).6.- New 15-40 CI-4/SL dino oil.
Before reinstalling power train I started engine several times every day (on engine stand) by 3 or 4 days without any plug fouling (it fouled plugs at startups) Have tested the car for the last 2 days and it is performing fine without any plug fouling at startups when the problem occurred.
Still wandering which was the real cause but, happy that the problem looks to be gone.
Thanks a lot to every one who helped me with their tips and ideas on this topic, I do really appreciate it.
Daniel Monasterio