<VV> It Runs!! for a while...

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sun Jul 22 00:17:29 EDT 2012

I've had a really bad time with newer aftermarket coils.  When I put my
first Pertronics years ago. I got their coil with it from a Corvair vendor.
When it got hot, it started missing.  Too much hassle to return it so I
bought an Accel coil (same coil different name???) locally.  It did the same
thing, since I bought it at the local FLAPS and returned it and got a
lecture about how I didn't have enough modifications to my engine to make
the coil work??? But they gave me new coil that worked just like the first
Accel coil.

I put the coil I removed to put these high performance coils I put back in
its place and never had another problem.

The coil I put back on was bought at a full service Chevron Station on the
way to GWFBT&SM in 1989.  I asked if they had a coil for a 65 Corvair Monza
140 and they had no listing.  So I asked for a coil for a 67 327 Camero and
they did, so I bought it.  That whole trip from San Jose to Palm Springs and
back, with a worn out points plate was an experience.  I'm suppressed Debbie
married me after that trip

dp