<VV> CONVENTION FINALS windy

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 23:24:49 EDT 2012

Greetings from Tim The Scoop. (remember I am NOT a pro at this)
Tonight was a very emotional night at the banquet. We had a fantastic
speaker , Rich Lentinello , of Hemmings Motor News in Bennington VT. I tell you
, if the ladies sitting there were also riveted to his talented
presentation , you know he is VERY good at presenting!   I look  forward to re upping
with at least the 2 publications I used to get , no matter  how tight my
budget is!.  Also check out websites put out by them  soon.
some great remembrances of the past corvair events , a lot of very hard
work by a great bunch was finalized in a class act hard to follow.
Rita and I have been to about 20 nationals , so even with my bad memory , a
 lot of the past come back as we sit at the banquet tables socializing.
Right from the start , you just knew it was a great show! The flag
presentation was very interesting , including the History of the flags used at
this convention.They have a LOT of miles on them.
The food was put out in good time for the numbers involved. All numbers
will be in the communique soon, along with a ton of candid photos taken by our
 pros. Ron says his greenbrier is up to @530,000 miles , and still goes ,
but he  takes it easy on it now. Larry Claypool presented the hard luck award
, along  with a generous certificate from Clark's Corvair. He seems to have
the dreaded  "dropped a valve seat" in the gorgeous 64 Spyder convert.
Then the winners were announced. 2 of note to me ( sorry cant remember the
rest!, but they will be here soon by others) were Bud Kaiser from PA , and
My  good friend , and "customer" Phil Domser with the blue 61 rampy.
Congratulations  to All winners. I did not intentionally leave anyone out.
 Then of course that moment comes all too soon , closing  remarks.
Kudos to all that had anything to do with this convention.
I will post pictures to the
_http://www.cnycorvair.com/Convention_2012.php_ (http://www.cnycorvair.com/Convention_2012.php)     site as soon as i
can. Lighting conditions in the ballroom were horrible for  photos , but I will
try.
My next project will be jamming luggage in the car , along with all the
fine parts I purchased.
Then unpacking , and putting it all away where I can find it this  winter.
Sorry for the windy post , But I hope you all get the gist of what fun we
had. Wish you all were here!
Regards, Tim Colson         very  pooped!