<VV> direct air heater remove/install help needed

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:27:16 EDT 2012

Hiya guys.  I'm working on getting the 64 convertible together (as quickly
as possible) to gift it to my father and I've found myself needing some
tips/advice.  The drive train is out of the car, and the heater system is
full of mouse nesting from one end to the other.  How do I get the heater
assembly containing the blower motor and the large piece it is attached to
(the one that goes through to behind the rear seats) out of the car?  I've
got all the bolts out as far as I can tell, and I have the parts behind the
rear seat all out as well.

I dropped the rear suspension down a few inches and it still seems
impossible.  There must be something I'm not seeing.  Not only do I have to
remove it to clean it, but I also need to replace the assembly containing
the heater blower due to some rust damage.  This means I also have to
remove the same assembly from my mostly disassembled 62 coupe (assuming it
is interchangeable) to use it as a replacement for the 64.  On top of that,
I'll soon be wanting to pull the one out of the 63 coupe for cleaning etc.
 I sure hope there is a fairly easy way to do this.

Again, the drive trains are out of the cars.

Thanks!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA