<VV> CORSA CQ/CC publications scanning project? Beginnings ...

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Sun Jun 3 18:44:03 EDT 2012

My memory goes back to working with Tony and Rose, at their dinner table in
Bronxville, NY, when I was the Managing Editor in 1969.

Pretty sure they were not digitized on a 360 mainframe ?

I was referring to the post-2000 issues.  Have all post-2000 issues been
posted in an online format already ?

Were  the pre-2000 issues manually typeset? I remember sending the
typewritten pages to a printer back in the early days, so when did we stop
doing that, and how were they "pasted up" before they were digitally
rendered ?

Can't forget what I didn't know, but I haven't been involved with the
managerial aspects of the CQ/CC for quite a while.

I really enjoyed the early days, although it was heartbreaking the day
Tony's 4-door Cavalier was ruined when his basement garage was flooded in a
storm.

I wonder where we'd be with Tony and all the work he did to publish the CQ ?
He was a great guy, and Rose was one wonderfully supportive woman - a great
team !

Those were the days, my friends,
Charlie