<VV> CORSA publications scanning project?

Gary Moore tdrinkr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 17:08:54 EDT 2012

    The process that was agreed upon was to scan the documents (newsletters and magazines) at 600 dpi using OCR capable software.     In the early documents it was important to have software capable of dealing with minor defects in the scanned media. With the Communiques it should not be a problem.     The newsletters and magazines are unstapled and each four page section is separated. If needed, a piece of thick black paper is place between the pages to eliminate bleed through.     After scanning is complete the newsletter or magazine is re-stapled.     Each page is scanned as a pdf, all pages are combined into a single multi-paged pdf. These pdf documents are very large (file size) meant for archiving.    The pdf is then reduced in file size using filters that preserve "good" photo or graphic detail. These reduced sized files are for a friendlier download.     The finished file is then uploaded to the CORSA server where Curtis Henken
 organizes them into the webpage.     There are of course faster ways to do this, than the page at a time process I use. With the equipment I am using, and the stipulation of no harm will come to any of the newsletters or magazines it was the best I could come up with.