<VV> Need advice selling 2 1965 Corvair CORSAs

Charles Peck cpeckatsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:24:12 EDT 2012

I have a couple Corvairs that I need to pass on to new owners.

Next year, I'll be70, I am diabetic and have come down with Parkinson's! I
don't

have relatives who are interested in the Corvairs; so I need to sell them.

I attached a picture of the cars at the Salmon Spokes and Chrome 2010
Father's Day

car show

Both cars are 1965 CORSAs, California cars, and have positraction.

I have owned the Blue 2 door hard top since about 1970 and the black
Convertible

since about 1977

Both cars RUN! and have about 1K miles on Engine Rebuild, and slightly less
on Paint

jobs

The Black Convertible does not have wire wheels or AM/FM, but other wise it
is a

pretty tricked out car :

     Turbo Charged
     Powered Top
     Tinted Windows
     Telescoping Steering
     Bumper Guards

     Head Rests
     Tonneau Cover
     Gold (NOT Silver) Rear Cove Area

The car has original interior (60K miles), newish top and convertible boot.

The Blue 2 door hardtop has

    a 4 Carb Engine,
    a weird  paint job,
    a chrome Flame Thrower Coil,
    an Ignitor II
    Dual Otto air cleaners
    an upholstery seat kit from Clark's; but otherwise a fairly trashe
interior
The Blue 2 door hardtop really NEEDS new:

     Padded Dash,
     Carpet Kit, and
     Headliner Kit

I am interested in guesstimates of the value of the cars, and thoughts on
how to

sell them. Unfortunately, they are currently in Salmon Idaho, but they seem
to run

OK, so they MIGHT be drivable through the Western USA; and I have a open
car trailer

that could be used tow them one at a time.

THANKS for any thoughts you are willing to share.

Chuck Peck

cpeckatsalmon at gmail,com

(208) 756-6880

--