<VV> Organization of Corvair Parts

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jun 6 11:19:42 EDT 2012

I created a computer-based catalog (spreadsheet) that has a reference to
storage location.  For most of my parts I use plastic storage bins that are
numbered.  I "borrowed" the Clark's numbering system for new parts because
a lot of my parts came from Clark's.  Used parts are simply listed in the
inventory without part numbers and the more valuable ones are tagged (e.g.,
factory quick steering box with factory arms).  This will hopefully prevent
my survivors from throwing good stuff into the dumpster.

For my current restoration, I've ordered most of my parts from Clarks.
 Besides being a good company to do business with, I like their email order
confirmations.  I save these in a separate folder and this allows me to
search on a specific part number to determine if I've already ordered it.
 When doing a restoration involving purchasing hundreds of parts over a
period of five years, this can be a real benefit.  Also, when searching for
a previously ordered part, this gives me a time frame and a context of
when/what other parts I ordered at the same time.  This is a great indexing
aid to my archaeological piling system.

Dave

--
Dave Keillor