<VV> 1965 Greenbrier powertrain found

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sat Jun 9 19:48:46 EDT 2012

Today I picked up a 1965 Greenbrier powertrain. It is a
code "RX" engine built on September 01, 1964. I also got
the differential and powerglide transmission. The engine
is unique to the 1965 model year as it has an alternator
rather than the generator of all other FC engines. The
differential is unique to the 1965 model year as it has
the mounting pads for the later model rear suspension
(lower strut rods) AND a place to attach the speedometer
cable - unlike all late model diffs. The powerglide has
the two fittings for the external cooler. That item will
fit other FC's equipped with PG's.

Sooooo, what is it worth? Does anybody out there have a
need for a 1965 FC engine or diff? I can bring these to
the DACC Homecoming in August or even to the Air Cooled
event at the Gilmore next weekend. Any interest? - Caveman
Pete