<VV> French car smells (No Corvair)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 13:36:43 EDT 2012

Here now,  here now..........

I'll have you to know that my little 4 dr. boxy rear engined water cooled 4
 cyl Simca 1000 was a solidly built economy car.  Super nice comfy seats
and  dead reliable.  Can't remember anything being wrong with it and it would
top out at about 78 - as I remember.  Smells?????  I had it when I  lived
in tropical Orlando and  never any "smells",  and remember  having it topped
out in traffic with 3 big band member guys in it on the  285 perimeter
Atlanta bypass.  If I had needed to stop it -- loaded like  that, it would have
been like stopping an aircraft carrier.  The R10  Renault was also well-built
and had even better seats.  Only thing that  ever let me down was the $90
electronic brain-box that shifted the  automatic.  I love French cars and
wish I had the above 2 back.

Joe Dunlap
Oxford, Fl. (no traffic light "town")