<VV> 1963 Convertible noise..

Kerry Born grandpacorvair at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 20:23:29 EDT 2012

Hi Guys..

I have a problem locating a noise in the front end of my car. (I think) It's going to be even harder to describe but here goes...It seems to happen, on an intermittent basis, when hitting a slight bump in a driveway when turning. It sounds, well maybe a bit like it's hitting the steering stop (if that exists?) or maybe like the spring shifts? A metal on metal, scraping sound.. I've looked underneath but don't see anything... but when it happens it's disturbing and somewhat loud. and I can't tell which side it's coming from..

Does something need greasing? Any idea how I can find out what's going on?

Kerry B
1963 Spyder