<VV> Wow!!1st Weekend of Summer and SIX Regional EVENTS!

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 21 00:22:08 EDT 2012

Matt,

Thanks for the mention of the Volo event - where I (and many other Corvair
owners) will be this Saturday (6/23).  Please note that Volo is in Illinois
(maybe 15 - 20 miles South of the WI border).  This annual event was
initiated by and sponsored by the Milwaukee club in 2010 and 2011.  This
year CCE is joining with Milwaukee as a sponsor.

The link below will give a very brief look at some of the vehicles (other
than Corvairs) and attractions at the Volo Auto Museum.  The weather is
expected to be ideal, the buildings are air conditioned, concessions are
available.  This has been a fun event the past two years and I expect it
will be again this year.  Corvairs get in for $5.00 per car.  I think the
normal charge is $20 or more.

http://www.volocars.com/

You do not have to be a Milwaukee Club or CCE member to bring your Corvair
and enjoy the day for $5.00 per carload.  You can bring your own lunch and
beverages if so desired.

As a side note, I saw Andy Kinzelman (participates on VV) in the current
Communique in the center of the "Pit Monkeys" picture.  I'm sure he will be
there as he has been the past two years.  He is an active member of the
Milwaukee Club.

Later, JR