<VV> fan mount bolts...

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 21 06:51:05 EDT 2012

I noticed that my car kept leaking oil and I couldn't find where.  Then
I heard an ominous chirp and thought... there goes the fan bearing.  I
took everything apart down to the engine top.  The bolt that hold that
piece on, I think about 12 or 16 of them, were all loose.  I have no
idea how many years those have been loose.
Turns out that the fan bearing feels fine, but the alternator shaft
slides in and out about an eighth of an inch.  I think the alternator is
my problem, but since I have a new engine top with a new bearing
anyway... and I'm there already... it's going on.

Can anyone tell me the torque specs for the engine top bolts?  I've got
a book, but it's still packed in a box from the move... and I couldn't
tell you where the box was if my life depended on it.
-Thanks in advance-
-Cash Case
1 always under repair '65 140.