<VV> Broken Starter Nose

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 16:15:22 EDT 2012

Joel,

In the '60s, '70s '80s and '90s when my wife and I were still using our Corvairs as primary transportation we didn't have the hot hard starting problems because I had to keep everything (and I mean everything) adjusted to spec on the carbs (and in the carbs--floats were critical).  But then all carburetored cars had similar problems. The troubleshooting section in the manuals and Bob Helt's books and even the old Petersen carb publications if you can find one in a used book store are a great help.  It doesn't take much to make our cars hard to start after heat soak on a hot day.  (Sometimes you can eliminate the problem by just leaving the rear deck open on a hot day if the area is safe.....:)).

Bob