<VV> NOS 1961 carbs for sale: question

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 02:32:47 EDT 2012

I have become aware of the fact that the matched pair of NOS Corvair
carburetors I currently have for sale on ebay (
http://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-NOS-new-old-stock-standard-Corvair-carburetors-New-in-box-/320928825867?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorvair&hash=item4ab8d9420b&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1186
)
are actually 1961 manual choke only carbs.

Can anyone tell me (for the benefit of possible buyers) about using these
carbs on a 62 up automatic choke engine?  Can you just swap the linkage on
the carbs?

Also, I figured anyone who might want a set of NOS carbs for a 1961 might
like to know about these.  I don't imagine there are a whole lot of these
around since they are a one year only part!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA