<VV> Loose top cover bolts

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sat Jun 23 13:20:52 EDT 2012

I believe the bolts loosen up because they are clamping two gaskets
together.  If the tin baffle was mounted to either the block or the cover
you would only need one gasket.  I have cut the perimeter off the baffle and
then bolted it under the top cover with four bolts.  Yes you have to drill
thru the cover but just glop some Permatex on the bolts and they never leak.
In fact you could Permatex the joint between the cover and the block and
eliminate the gasket completely.  Now you have metal to metal contact and
the screws won't loosen.
Clark Hartzel