<VV> A great day at Volo car "Museum"

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 24 01:00:46 EDT 2012

The weather was dry and partially cloudy with temps in the low to mid 80s.
The cars and the people were great.  Over 50 Corvairs - someone else will
know the exact number - and a few "others" mixed in.  Renewed some past
acquaintances and made a few new ones.  Oh, guess what...   I met another
JR.

Family picnic (an annual event of around 50 folks) is tomorrow and my wife
(Amy) and I are in charge.  Just got in from loading the Rampy with a half
dozen coolers, folding shelter, seating, charcoal, and an untold myriad of
other STUFF for the trip to the forest preserve in the morning.  Actually,
that is not quite correct.

I just completed the "Burma Shave" signs which I post along the route to the
picnic area.  When I ran out of ones that I could remember from childhood I
had to go on line to find a book of them.  They seemed abundant and not
expensive at the time - 8 or so years ago.  Anyway, if you might have an
interest in that look for a paperback version of "the verse by the side of
the road".  I'm not sure if Claypool had anything to do with this, but the
title is all in lower case.

Later, JR