<VV> Screws, loose and otherwise.

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Jun 26 17:58:39 EDT 2012

I have always called them screws if they go in a blind hole with no nut.
If they go thru and have a nut on the other end they are bolts.
What is your theory Smitty, my handsome friend?
Clark Hartzel
Smitty Says;  Don't have a theory Clark, you pretty thing you.  Just a
lifetime of working with aircraft hardware and ordering parts from stock
catalogs.  Doesn't make ne right.  Doesn't make them right either, but when
dealing with other mechanics you are sure going to get some funny looks if
not outright ridicule, mixing the terms.
Your opinion brings up a question in my mind.  If I take one of those block
cover fasteners and thread a nut onto it does the fastener morf into
something else, or is it still what it is?