<VV> Clutch failure... solved !

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 20:10:51 EDT 2012

This afternoon I decided to remove the Rampside's power train in order to inspect the clutch assembly but, after taking out the side shafts went to loosen the nuts on the transmission crossmember when noticed that 2 of the bolts (or screws ? haha) were totally loose.At closer inspection, the transmission was separated from the crossmember by about 1/4"... Eureka !! It was the cause of bad disengaging as, when I pushed down the clutch pedal, part of the movement was absorbed on joining (?) the crossmember to the transmission.Anyways, having the shafts out will clean and regrease their bearings and change rubber cups on the brake wheel cylinders.
Thanks to all who responded with ideas on solving the problem.
Tomorrow morning the Rampy will be on the streets again
Daniel Monasterio