<VV> Jeff Lilly restorations Corvair

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Mar 2 12:23:45 EST 2012

Rick,
I'm that way, too, but I'm much more critical of my own work -- which is
one reason I've been working on the car for so long.  I've re-done almost
as many things as I've done.  One thing I didn't re-do is the
undercarriage.  I media blasted, primed, and painted it, but I wish I'd put
a skim coat of filler on to hide the rust pits that were in some areas.
 I've taken about three passes on the instrumentation and I think I've
finally settled on the final version.

I did re-do some of the interior painting that the paint and body guy had
done -- and this is a guy who does very high end work.  So, I understand
anal, excessive, compulsive, outta my gourd -- and I can add car-rich and
cash-poor.