<VV> Early vs Late Fan

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 17:07:27 EST 2012

The California tests used a flat fan attached to the top of the shroud. That doesn't direct air outward radially, like a Corvair fan does, so yes, that approach doesn't work.

This test uses an electric motor attached to the stock Corvair fan with a belt and pulley.
Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mel_francis/6582973759/in/set-72157628474177583

Mel