<VV> 13 inch Bias Ply Tire

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 12:39:16 EST 2012

<I am surprised by the interest generated by my post for the 13 inch tire I picked up.>

So am I, given that the recently discussed scarcity of 13" tires involved 13" radial tires, not 13" bias ply tires.  It is my understanding that companies such as Coker still make reproduction 13" bias ply tires with the correct width white wall for persons interested in, for instance, complying with AACA rules.  The only concern is for Corvair owners who are, for whatever reason, scared to drive a Corvair with the kind of tires that GM put on them in the factory when the cars were new.

<That must be an after-market tire. Corvairs came with Uniroyals. >

Initially (as in the Fall of 1959), yes, but eventually other tire manufacturers provided OEM tires that GM used in Corvair assembly plants.  Firestone comes to mind.

~Bill Stanley