<VV> 30 watt or 80 watt replacement speakers

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Thu Mar 8 21:48:53 EST 2012

I am going to replace the stock speaker in my '65 sedan (without a/c) and have read as much about it as I could find.  The consensus seems to be that the two small speaker setup as offered by one of the vendors has a good sound and is probably what I will buy.  My question is this:  with a stock a.m. radio (and fm converter) will the 30 watt version be sufficient or should I reach really deep in the piggy bank for the 80 watt?   I don't plan on blasting the radio or on trying to break all the spot welds in the car with it.Does anyone have the 30 watt version installed that can make a recommendation?  Or recommend another speaker?Jim