<VV> PG rebirth

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 17:19:46 EST 2012

 I have a LM PG that hasn't been used in about 30 years (dry storage) it is
hooked to the differential that I want to swap into my '66. I opened the diff,
replaced the seals and it looks pristine, I doubt too many miles on the whole
assemble, even the old seals were nice and flexible.

  The question is........... besides draining the PG, replacing the filter and
gasket, what should I do when I start it up and drive it. I noticed the vacuum
modulator no longer holds a vacuum, so I will replace it . The gears in the
governor look fine. I'll replace all seals to try to be ahead of any leaks.

 I want to use it in the autocross at the 2012 national in Sturbridge in July.

 MIKE KOVACS