<VV> PROPER WAY TO STORE A CAR

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sun Mar 11 09:05:00 EDT 2012

Have you considered putting up a 'car port' for the user car?  Make it low enough and it will discourage the birds from flying up onto the car.  One could install a couple of slow turning ceiling fans to provide motion the birds cant tolerate.  Four blade models work best and some 1/2 inch PVC tubes attached to the blades will broom any stubborn bird.

We all dream of ways to protect our old cars [and boats] while we temporarily store them out-of-doors.  It is surprising how many of those temporary storage plans turn into nearly permanent storage!  No matter which of the cover materials you choose they will probably not have a service life as long as the 'temporary' storage ... They will most likely fail due to rain, wind, sun or snow and will damage the finish, collect moisture, and cause mold.  All those covers and dust bags work well ... inside.

The only really 'safe' way is to keep your vehicles is inside.  Perhaps build a garage or a lean-to on your existing garage, rent a garage from a neighbor, find the local car storage guys in your area and move in with them, or perhaps make a deal for one of those Self Storage units.  How much is it worth to you?  Would cash fit in your pocket better than the vehicle fits in your storage area?  Bottom line here is if you store it outside it is going to be damaged - Period.  If it must be outside, turn it into your pampered and well cared for daily driver.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.