<VV> PROPER WAY TO STORE A CAR

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 14:33:33 EDT 2012

Wise words, Ken
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Ken Pepke
Sent: 3/11/2012 6:05
To: Vair Views
Subject: <VV> PROPER WAY TO STORE A CAR

Have you considered putting up a 'car port' for the user car?  Make it
low enough and it will discourage the birds from flying up onto the
car.  One could install a couple of slow turning ceiling fans to
provide motion the birds cant tolerate.  Four blade models work best
and some 1/2 inch PVC tubes attached to the blades will broom any
stubborn bird.

We all dream of ways to protect our old cars [and boats] while we
temporarily store them out-of-doors.  It is surprising how many of
those temporary storage plans turn into nearly permanent storage!  No
matter which of the cover materials you choose they will probably not
have a service life as long as the 'temporary' storage ... They will
most likely fail due to rain, wind, sun or snow and will damage the
finish, collect moisture, and cause mold.  All those covers and dust
bags work well ... inside.

The only really 'safe' way is to keep your vehicles is inside.
Perhaps build a garage or a lean-to on your existing garage, rent a
garage from a neighbor, find the local car storage guys in your area
and move in with them, or perhaps make a deal for one of those Self
Storage units.  How much is it worth to you?  Would cash fit in your
pocket better than the vehicle fits in your storage area?  Bottom line
here is if you store it outside it is going to be damaged - Period.
If it must be outside, turn it into your pampered and well cared for
daily driver.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.