<VV> Corvair logo question

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:47:34 EDT 2012

I have a very clear version in front of me now and as near as I can tell it
is just a design, it doesn't seem to actually "be" anything.  In the pic
you posted you can see the shape of it, sortof a downward pointed arrowhead
with no point.  Inside this is a vertical line with three pair of triangle
shaped "barbs"  arranged vertically along the vertical line pointing
downward.

Actually come to think of it, it's probably related to the familiar Monza
cross... it looks like a monza cross with three crosses rather than one,
swept back (upward) instead of straight across at the tops of the crosses.
 It also comes to more of a point at the bottom.

Something to consider; in order to determine if the artist had something in
mind while drawing it up we probably need to take the enlarged and very
strangely shaped "c" in Corvair into consideration.  That design is very
odd and makes no sense at all by itself.  In all honesty, I dislike this
early Corvair emblem, while I very much like every other Corvair related
emblem I've ever seen.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
1966 Corsa 140 coupe (summer daily driver)
1965 Corsa 180 coupe (under construction)
1965 Corsa 140 (Fitched) coupe (under construction)
1963 Monza PG coupe (daily driver)
1962 Monza PG coupe body (to rebody the rusty 63)
Seeking a dirt cheap Spyder coupe