<VV> courtesy lamp problem - solved!!!

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 22:16:56 EDT 2012

I would like to again thank everyone for their help on this issue.  I am happy to report that my courtesy lights are now working like they are supposed to.

What was the problem, you may ask?  The easy answer:  the mechanic working on the car.  After reading everyone's posts and  running things over in my mind's eye  did the light bulb finally go on. (Pun intended ( - :    )  After Frank DuVal's suggestion about seeing what happened with the bulbs installed, I finally saw the light.  I was attaching my test light to a chassis ground instead of the edge of the socket.  Oo ps.  Once I did, everything worked normally.  It seems the courtesy light wiring wasn't messed up after all.  Once the new bulbs were installed, there was light!!!

A very humbled and embar assed  Cap'n Hook

'63 ragtop 84/pg

'65 monza 4dr. 110/pg