<VV> Generator/Headlight Problems

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Sun Mar 18 15:19:19 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I bought a pretty nice 64 Spyder coupe last weekend and it was running great
until I started home from our Derby City Corvair Club meeting last Tuesday
night, I turned on the lights for the first time and the generator light
came on and has stayed on ever since. Also, when I hit the high beams, all
the headlights now go out (pretty spooky at 60 mph). Are these two things
related and what should I do? I did check the battery ground strap and it
seems good and tight. I am going to order a new high beam switch.The battery
is still strong and the car still runs great!

Thanks!

Ken Maxwell