<VV> Generator/Headlight Problems

S M shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 18 19:13:01 EDT 2012

Definitely suspect the dimmer switch for the headlight issue, but the generator issue is separate. I'd start by looking at the gen brushes and checking the output of the gen. As a matter of course I'd look at the plastic connector at the firewall for signs of melting around the fat red wire. I'd clean these connections, and think about doing "bypass surgery" on the fat red wire as a precaution. If all else checks out, I'd suspect the regulator. If it's a stock one, I'd take the cover off and check for points stuck together.
yea, Vairily ... Shaun