<VV> oil pressure, my take....

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 16:55:32 EDT 2012

get a gauge on it to see what the REAL pressure is..if it reads low ,
better find out why...bearing? oil pump?
if pressure is ok , start with the oil pressure switch. I always run a
gauge on an adaptabolt (Clark's C7521 )  for the first hour or so of  runing. I
do not leave it there permantly, if a belt breaks , it WILL destroy  the
guage.
While on this subject , I have run into another oil filter with the top
gasket retainer plate that moved to close off the outer holes for oil flow.
This  blockage does not show in indicated oil pressure readings , because the
bypass  button valves must kick in ok. Do not spin the filter when
installing , just the  bolt. Also look at it before installing to see that the holes
are all lined up.  The plate must come unwelded when tightening the bolt at
times...not sure.
Regards, Tim Colson