<VV> Performance Corvairs Workshop

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Mar 25 13:35:33 EDT 2012

I got home from Indy about 11:30 this morning.
Another great workshop event is now history. I have only missed one, the first held at Indy.
I don't know what the official head count was but we had a good crowd.
The Friday evening dinner at the Coachman Restaurant (same as last year) was very good and we packed the group in.
The stormy weather was blowing in as we were eating and watching the dark clouds out the windows. It wasn't really much of a storm. Saturday, the day of the Workshop turned out to be mostly sunny with comfortable temps, ay least at 4A Gasoline Alley.
I didn't do any of the tours as two were repeats from last year.
Of course the main exhibit on Saturday was the Monza SS  in which photos do not do it justice. It is beautiful! A great piece of work and it sounds good too.
As usual the vendors had a lot of nice parts to look at and of course sell. I lightened the load in my shop by selling some items myself. Actually came home with a few bucks....then Momma laid the Discover bill on me! Dang! Well, I can still take her to Mickey D's and get a large fry!
By the end of the day I was very tired so I opted not to do the Mexifest up in LeVequeville. As a result I got a good nights sleep for the trip home today.
I'll get it next time...especially if someone else drives!
I have a of photos as per usual to edit and get online so, I'll stop here and get to it...after a nap maybe...

Big thanks to all who put in the time and effort to make these things happen. Good to see old and new friends to help get the season kicked off.
Ya'll come to the Mitty now, ya'here!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com