<VV> Lifespan of standard ignition points

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 25 23:29:13 EDT 2012

Hi Tom,

I think you are talking about a time when they pulled the plugs out at
10,000, cleaned and tested them, and then re-installed them.  I'm guessing
that I get 30,000+ out of plugs.  So, between two Corvairs which average
(together) something around 10,000 miles per year, I'm probably changing
plugs (in each) about once in five or six years.

But, if your 10,000 number is correct (I don't think it is), someone only
putting 2,000 per year on their Vair would still only be changing out the
plugs once in five years.

Later, JR